Linda Rey, AMIM
Linda Rey was born and raised in Sleepy Hollow, New York (formerly North Tarrytown) and is a graduate of Pace University in Pleasantville, New York with a Business Administration degree.
Linda has worked in the insurance profession since 1985 where she began her career working in the family business, The Rey Insurance Agency, Inc. located in Sleepy Hollow. She's followed in her father's footsteps, Francisco J. Rey, CLU who began his insurance career 1965.
Linda's contributions to the following organizations include:
- Past Member of the Board of Directors of the Food Bank of Westchester
- Past Member on the Board of Directors for the Westchester County Association
- Past President and Vice President of the Sleepy Hollow Chamber of Commerce
- Past Secretary on the Board of Directors for the Rotary Club of the Tarrytowns
- Past Co-Events Chair for the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors Westchester (NAIFA-Westchester)
- Past Executive Board as Treasurer for the Westchester Association of Women Business Owners (WAWBO) prior to the merger with WEDC forming the Alliance of Hudson Valley Women Business Owners
Linda was named 2010 Outstanding Member of the Year by the Sleepy Hollow Chamber of Commerce for her assistance in starting and growing their networking events.
Linda has been named the 2006 Emerging Leader for the American Association of University Woman (AAUW) Westchester Branch where she also chartered the first Business Interest Group, "Busine$$ 2 Busine$$ Networking".
Linda was honored as the 2005 Business Woman of the Year by the Westchester Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
Rey Insurance has been featured in Fortune Small Business, The Insurance Journal, Journal News, Westchester Business Journal, Westchester Magazine's 914Inc. American Agent and Broker Magazine, PropertyCasualty360.com as well as various community publications including The Examiner & Hudson Independent. Rey Insurance also was recognized as one of the 5 Star Auto & Home Insurance Agencies in Westchester County by Westchester Magazine for 2010, 2011 and 2012.
Linda was a featured weekly contributor to the Equifax Finance Blog from May, 2010 to May, 2012.